Benzie County Community Chest funds only 501(c)(3) organizations that provide services to meet the human services needs of Benzie County residents. We cannot fund agencies that don’t have Federal IRS tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. We also will not fund programs for other counties.
Applications for funding support are accepted until Dec. 31 of each year, without exception. The Benzie County Community Chest Board of Directors make funding decisions in January.
Include with your application:
A. Narrative (250 words or less)
Briefly explain why your agency is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is made.
B. Purpose of Grant (250 words or less)
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed; description of target population and how they will benefit.
- How many Benzie County people will this program benefit?
- Plans to accomplish goals and objectives with timetable for implementation.
- Who are the other partners in the project and what are their roles?
- Long-term strategies for funding this project at end of grant period.
C. Evaluation (250 words or less)
- Plans for evaluation including how success will be defined and measured.
- How evaluation results will be used and/or disseminated.
- Describe the active involvement of constituents in evaluating the program.
D. Budget (250 words or less)
- On a separate sheet, show how each budget item relates to the project and how the budgeted amount was calculated.
- List amounts requested of other foundations, corporations and other funding sources to which this proposal has been submitted.
- Include organization’s current annual operating budget.
- Annual report including annual financial statement, if available.
E. Organization (250 words or less)
- Brief summary of organization’s history, mission and goals.
- Description of current programs, activities and accomplishments.
- List of Board of Directors with affiliations.
- Copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501 © 3 tax-exempt status. If you have applied before, indicate that Community Chest has this letter on file.
Each year the Benzie County Community Chest Board of Directors selects partner agencies for funding in January, therefore the deadline for applications is Dec. 31.
Mail completed applications to:
Benzie County Community Chest
PO Box 713
Beulah, MI, 49617