Benzie County Community Chest funds only 501(c)(3) organizations that provide services to meet the human services needs of Benzie County residents. We cannot fund agencies that don’t have Federal IRS tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. We also will not fund programs for other counties.
Applications for funding support are accepted until Dec. 31 of each year, without exception. The Benzie County Community Chest Board of Directors make funding decisions in January.
Application for Funding
Include with your application:
A. NARRATIVE (250 WORDS OR LESS)
Briefly explain why your agency is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is made.
B. PURPOSE OF GRANT (250 WORDS OR LESS)
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed; description of target population and how they will benefit.
- How many Benzie County people will this program benefit?
- Plans to accomplish goals and objectives with timetable for implementation.
- Who are the other partners in the project and what are their roles?
- Long-term strategies for funding this project at end of grant period.